Perform the following steps on the Target Definition screen:
- Click the Create Data Extension button.
- A modal will appear where you provide a name, description, and location of your data extension.
- Indicate if your new data extension needs to be sendable and/or testable.
- Click Save.
- Now you can see all the fields from the selected data extensions on the left.
- Choose the fields that you would like to see in your new target data. Select them by:
- drag-and-dropping them to the right.
- double-clicking on them.
- clicking the Add all fields button to add all fields of a selected data extension at once.
- Fields on the right-hand side will constitute your target data extension.
- On the Target Data Extension fields, you can click on the edit icon and see the details of the field. You can edit: name, length of the field, and indicate if it’s a Primary Key and/or Nullable.
- If you are satisfied with your new data extension, click Create Data Extension. Alternatively, click Cancel to return to the mapping screen without creating the new data extension.
- Click Yes.
Your new data extension is now created in Marketing Cloud and available for use within DESelect to write the results of your selection to.
Note: a mapping has automatically been created as well, so you don't have to worry about that anymore. For example, if you created a target data extension with fields Id and Email from a Contacts data extension, the Id field of Contacts will be mapped to the Id field of your new data extension, and the same applies to the Email field.